Manufacturer – Healing Pharma
Drug form – 14 sachets of 5g
Active ingredient – Testosterone gel (Testogel)
Testosterone gel is a colorless gel with 1% content of the male hormone testosterone. It is used for replacement therapy for patients with a confirmed diagnosis of hypogonadism. Three clinical symptoms are required to confirm the diagnosis:
- Lack of body hair;
- Underdevelopment of the genitals;
- Insufficient testosterone levels in the blood.
Mode of action
The active ingredient of Testoheal gel is testosterone. When the gel is rubbed into the skin, testosterone enters the bloodstream and performs its natural functions:
- Development of male genitals;
- Development of secondary sexual characteristics (libido, body fat distribution, hair growth).
Testosterone is also involved in the synthesis of certain proteins and in the regulation of nitrogen, sodium, chlorine, phosphate, and water levels in urine.
Dosage and features of use
The drug is packaged in sachets containing 5 grams of gel and, accordingly, 50mg of testosterone. This is exactly the daily dose of this hormone. Therefore, you will use 1 sachet per day. Patients with impaired renal or hepatic function should use reduced doses of the drug.
After the start of treatment, testosterone levels are determined using blood tests. If necessary, the daily dose can be increased up to 100mg (2 sachets) per day.
Attention! The gel is not rubbed in, but simply applied to the skin with a thin layer. Patients apply the gel on their own to clean, dry, healthy skin. Do not apply the drug to the genital area, as it may irritate the skin. It is best applied to the shoulder, arm or abdomen. After application, you need to wait 3-5 minutes for the gel to be absorbed, after this you can dress.
It is recommended to use the drug at the same time of the day every day.
Testosterone gel should be applied immediately after opening the sachet. You must use all of the contents of the sachet.
There is a risk that in close contact with another person, the gel applied to the skin will partially get onto the skin of another person. This should be avoided.
- Applying the gel by yourself only;
- Washing your hands thoroughly with soap and water after the application procedure;
- Dressing immediately after the gel is dry and not removing your clothes for at least 6 hours;
- Avoiding close contact with other people (such as having sex) for at least 6 hours before taking a shower.
If a certain amount of gel accidentally gets on the skin of another person, they need to urgently wash off the gel with soap and water.
Particularly, you should carefully avoid contact of the gel on the skin of a pregnant or lactating woman, as this can damage the fetus of the child or infant.
Interaction with other drugs
Before the use of testosterone gel, it is obligatory to inform your doctor if you are taking:
- Anti- coagulants: a dose adjustment of this drug may be required;
- Corticosteroids or adrenocorticotropic hormones: the combined use of these drugs increases the risk of edema;
- Insulin: insulin dose reduction may be required;
- Bupropion (wellbutrin): using these drugs together increases the risk of epileptic seizures;
- Medications and dietary supplements that affect liver function, for example, eucalyptus extract, valerian, milk thistle, etc.
Do not use this drug if you:
- Are less than 18 years old;
- Have cancer of the prostate or breast;
- Have an allergy to one of the components of the drug.
What are the adverse reactions?
Adverse reactions that occur in more than 1% of patients includes; Headache, an increase in the level of lipids (fats) in the blood, dysfunction of the prostate, the growth of the mammary glands, chest pain, dizziness, sensation of tingling in the body, memory impairment, affective disorders (mood disorders, nervousness, depression), hypertension, diarrhea, loss of hair.